Pulisic, 19, has emerged as one of the world's best young talents in the last couple of seasons and is now one of Dortmund's most important players due to the constant injury problems suffered by Marco Reus and the departure of Ousmane Dembele, who joined Barcelona in acrimonious fashion.
Pulisic moved to Dortmund in 2016 and has been steadily progressing since, while also scoring nine goals in 20 caps for the US national team despite failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.
Christian Pulisic was the runaway winner Thursday of soccer's U.S. Player of the Year, the youngest choice in the award's 27-year-history. He said, "I am playing every week in the Bundesliga, in the Champions League, against top teams".
Pulisic told The Independent that regular football is his goal at the moment.
"When you do that every week, you are going to improve". But [the winter break] has given us good time in the training camp to learn some things and see how we want to play and figure things out.
Christian Pulisic is not a name that's new to Liverpool fans. Even if Dortmund were prepared to sell him, which they aren't, he wouldn't be able to do what Coutinho had been doing for the team. "They weren't really soccer players, so we would play basketball all the time".
Away from the hype that rages back home, he can concentrate on growing, safe in the knowledge that coach Peter Stoger and the club will evaluate his progress on its own terms. Liverpool, who already tried in in vain to sign him in 2016, and Manchester United are particularly keen to acquire his services in light of their American owners.
The inside view is that Pulisic could well be the USA's first soccer megastar - with all the commercial value that will bring. However, the opportunities for Liverpool or United are lucrative.
"It's not about completely restarting. It's a system that I'd never really experienced in the U.S. I would have never got something like this, and I think this is the biggest reason why I've grown so much as a player".
- Tres muertos, heridos y detenidos por protestas en Venezuela
- Hawking pronostica que la Tierra 'morirá' dentro de 200 años
- Nadal y Djokovic jugarán un torneo de exhibición previo al Australian Open
- Fallece Pedro Ángel Palou, cronista, historiador y escritor
- Donald Trump está abierto a conversaciones con Corea del Norte
- Frustrated Conte aims dig at Chelsea over signings
- Francisco Silva apareció como alternativa a Carlos Carmona en Colo Colo
- Agentes migratorios de EUA realizan redadas en tiendas de conveniencia
- Presumió de viajar por el mundo... con el mismo fondo de baño
- FOTOS. Tercera noche de disturbios deja cientos de detenidos en Túnez