Guardiola is secure in his job and has a clear strategy moving forward, while there always seems to be uncertainty surrounding the futures of Arsene Wenger and Mourinho.
Neville took to Twitter to call out Balague's assessment, reminding him that United have the more illustrious history and that money is not all that they would offer the 29-year-old. Granted, Paul Pogba is in that bracket of footballers who could conjure magic out of thin air - but his deployment in a deeper role often limits his capacity to influence games single-handed.
The transfer rumour mill went into overdrive Thursday lunchtime when Manchester United were reported to have made a spectacular attempt at hijacking Alexis Sanchez's proposed transfer to Manchester City. "So he wants to fight as well for the Premier League". "We are not on that case at the moment", he told a news conference on Friday.
"Everyone knows the quality of Alexis - but it's Liverpool". This is my opinion'.
"We have had many conversations about people observing him and putting him under the microscope because of his short contract". At that kind of price, nothing is going to happen. I cannot tell you what I don't know. "That's how I feel more comfortable".
"In relation to Alexis Sanchez, I don't say a word". Alexis is an exceptional football player, he's a world class player.
"I don't regret it", he said. It's not that I don't want to inform you, I don't want to give you wrong information and at the moment I must say nothing is decided one way or the other.
Sanchez and his agent would have to lower their demands, or face the possibility that Man City could walk away for now.
This month is the last chance for Arsenal to cash in on their superstar with Sanchez's contract expiring at the end of the season.
They had felt his first choice was City and the chance to work with Pep Guardiola, but have now seen that stance is flexible.
City, meanwhile, remain tight-lipped over a potential approach for Sanchez in the current transfer window but midfielder Kevin De Bruyne said on Wednesday he believes the player would "add something" to the squad at the Etihad.
Will he stay or will he go?
But the Premier League leaders are still keen to bring him in, particularly with Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus set to be ruled out for around six weeks.
- Se filtran los tenis de Dragon Ball Z creados por Adidas
- Koala aparece atornillado a un poste en Australia
- Aparecen otros 4 cuerpos desmembrados en Veracruz
- Gobiernos regionales comprarán excedente de papa por S/1.5 millones
- Ternura máxima: niñas confunden a cajero de supermercado con personaje de Moana
- ¡Confirmado!, el arquero Nicolás Vikonis deja Millonarios
- Walmart aumenta salarios pero cierra tiendas Sam's Club
- AMLO, nini, y Anaya, guía de turistas: Meade
- Por las altas temperaturas, se dilataron las vías del Tren Sarmiento
- Steve Bannon out at Breitbart after Trump book revelations