This time, it's supposed to be different.
Keita has scored five goals for Leipzig, and assisted another, in all competitions so far this season, but it is his disciplinary record side has Rolfes worried.
Coutinho has been a scourge of City in recent seasons, scoring winners at Anfield in 2014 and '15, and being the driving force behind Liverpool's thrilling 4-1 win over City at Etihad Stadium in November 2015.
To avoid that, they could simply keep the money in reserve with the summer in mind, though that would be the biggest risk Klopp has taken yet at Anfield.
"Coutinho scores goals, assists, he can play both inside (down the centre) and outside (on the flanks)". This request was made near the conclusion of the deal between the two clubs that saw the Brazilian move to Spain for 160 million euros (including clauses).
Keita's other red card of the season came while playing for Guinea as the National Elephants failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.
It's an option the Merseyside club explored unsuccessfully before Christmas but the Bundesliga winter break has led to Leipzig re-evaluating their position.
Is there a middle ground for Klopp?
Manchester United will have to pay up to £27m to sign 22-year-old Belgian midfielder Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht in January.
They told the BBC: "There is nothing new about this situation and so that speculation is not true".
The possibility of that happening was rubbished by Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl on Thursday.
- US sanctions head of Iran's judiciary, others, over human rights abuses
- Smartphone Users Beware: Chip Flaw Affects Mobile Devices
- Otro aumento afecta el suministro de combustibles
- Defensa de gobernador Besaile dice que señalamientos de la Fiscalía son infundados
- En China un empresario anunció 25.000 despidos y sus empleados lo asesinaron
- Para el partido de mañana, en Boca no estará Carlitos Tevez
- Atacan iglesias en Chile en vísperas de visita del papa
- Trianguló dinero a campaña empresa 'fantasma' de Duarte
- Intentan identificar osamenta de supuesto paraguayo secuestrado
- Liverpool City mayor demands investigation into Chelsea transfer