Even though Manchester United haven't had the best results of late, they are playing a Stoke City side bereft of confidence and without a manager. Now, the Armenian is a shell of his former self. Antonio Valencia and Eric Bailly are still out due to injuries. The Red Devils will fancy their chances of beating the inconsistent La Liga outfit over two legs, but there are some very strong teams in the European competition this season. The rest of the team should not have any surprise.
Jose Mourinho says that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is "not totally happy with his condition", with the striker's latest knee injury likely to keep him out until February. But, the same cannot be said about another doubtful Bruno Martins Indi. The biggest question, however, will be the selection of the striker. He came with a wealth of attacking talent, and after seeing him top the 20 point mark for goals and assists in the previous season, he was seen as the man to sort out the Red Devils' limpness in front of goal.
Ryan Shawcross could face his former club after making good progress from a calf injury, while new capture Moritz Bauer is expected to make his debut at right-back after completing his switch from Rubin Kazan. Jesse Lingard is also going to play an important part for United. The young Englishman will want to extend his tally against a hapless Stoke City. They were actively involved in the race to get ahead of the pack, winning games with huge margins.
Stoke will enter this match off the back of successive Premier League defeats to Chelsea and Newcastle United - where they conceded six times and failed to score.
Chuopo-Moting scored the opening and final goal in the week four encounter between these two sides, with goals from Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku in between ensuring a 2-2 draw.
This fixture will kick off at 8pm local time on Monday (2pm Central time, 3pm Eastern time, Tuesday 1:30am IST).
"He consulted other doctors and other opinions, and we all made the decision to stop treatment".
Manchester United plan to battle Chelsea for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro, according to the Mirror .
What's your prediction for Manchester United vs Stoke City?
- Snooty President Macron demands crusty French baguettes are given Unesco-protected status
- "Belluschi no ejecutará la cláusula" — Hidalgo
- El peligroso reto viral que podría afectar a miles de adolescentes
- Los Spurs ganaron con una genial volcada de Manu Ginóbili — NBA
- Tehran says will retaliate against Washington sanctions on chief judge
- Por una explosión, se hundió el petrolero iraní siniestrado en el mar
- Trump se defiende de acusaciones de racismo
- Ernesto Valverde opinó sobre bailes de Yerry Mina — Barcelona
- Argentina: la escalofriante confesión de joven que asesinó a su exnovio
- Incendio en centro cultural deja 8 muertos en Portugal