As one researcher has put it, these bugs are "going to haunt us for quite some time".
In its statement, Intel denies that any of these issues are unique to Intel products.
Consumers should check with their device maker and operating system provider for security updates and install them as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that capability is vulnerable to malicious actors who could access critical information stored in memory, including encryption keys and passwords.
Intel also acknowledged that the patch will slow down its chips in some instances, but the slowdown will be workload-dependent. This is a standard practice for security flaws in order to prevent hackers from exploiting it.
Google and other security researchers this week disclosed two major chip flaws - one called Meltdown affecting only Intel Corp chips and one called Spectre affecting nearly all computer chips made in the last decade.
Well, 2018 has started with a bang, as news has emerged that a fundamental flaw in processing chips has exposed an entire generation of devices to attack. Google says phones running on latest Android (which is not all devices) are protected against the vulnerability.
Intel has responded to the findings in an official statement where the company says that its is; "committed to product and customer security and is working closely with many other technology companies, including AMD, ARM Holdings and several operating system vendors, to develop an industry-wide approach to resolve this issue promptly and constructively".
Programmers are working furiously to overhaul the open-source Linux kernel's virtual memory system. He revealed that the issue had been partially fixed but could not reveal any other details due to a non-disclosure agreement.
The world and its dog have been following the rather scary story of the Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits.
Kernel forms the core of the OS and connects the programs to the hardware of a PC.
Amazon informed its customers of its AWS cloud services about the vulnerability being present for more than 20 years in modern processor architectures such as Intel, ARM, and AMD across servers, mobile devices, and desktops.
- Trump tiene una "excelente salud"
- Barcelona: ¿cómo formarían los azulgranas con Coutinho y Mina?
- Zinedine Zidane sorprende con sus palabras tras derrota del Real Madrid
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Colombiano Yerry Mina es presentando en el Barcelona
- Yerry Mina tuvo su presentación en Barcelona: "Toca ganar grandes cosas"
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Santos activa operación militar en la región del Pacífico
- Vatican newspaper calls Trump's "shithole" comment offensive
- Trump boasts of being 'a very stable genius'