Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danish said that 11 of the 14 foreigners killed were employees of KamAir, a private Afghan airline. Five were pilots and four were crew members.
The official also asserted that Mullah Turabi, a key commander of Haqqani network, the military wing of Taliban group, is also among those killed in the air raid.
Pakistan has conveyed to the United States (US) that the failure of the Afghan government and United States (US) to come up with a "credible peace plan" to attract belligerent Afghan Taliban to the dialogue table was the major reason of the stalemate in the regional peace process.
TOLO reported that 126 people were rescued from the hotel, 41 of them foreigners. He said the hotel's third floor, where the kitchen is located, had caught fire. He said that according to initial reports, no foreign troops were hurt in the attack.
The attackers were holding heavy weapons and suicide jackets, and at least two big explosions were heard after the gunfiring, he said.
Unofficial sources said a meeting was held by Afghan Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology in the building earlier Saturday and several provincial officials who attended the meeting were present at the building when the hotel came under attack at around 09:00 p.m. local time Saturday. With the Afghan government's failure to handle the situation even in capital Kabul, the concern of the US administration looks genuine. "Out of respect for the families of the deceased, we have no further comment".
The US State Department had warned this week of a possible attack in Kabul.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the insurgents initially planned to strike the hotel Thursday night but postponed it because a wedding was underway there and they wanted to avoid civilian casualties.
Pakistan also informed Wells that the recent statement of the Indian army chief reflected that India is heating up the LoC which may incite a nuclear conflict in South Asia.
At the political level, former President Hamid Karzai - by far the country's most influential political figure - has been in the forefront of these efforts.
- Toys R' Us cerrará 182 tiendas
- Bitrent: ICO PRE-SALE 40% bonus
- Rueda y arribo de Alexis al Manchester United: "Es extraordinario"
- Hallan 8 cadáveres en fosa clandestina en Guerrero
- Casa Blanca informó incorrectamente sobre conversación entre Erdogan y Trump — Medios
- DJI presenta el Mavic Air, su nueva cámara voladora
- Excancilleres se reunieron con Evo por el litigio marítimo
- Eleven de "Stranger Things" se mostró por primera vez con su novio
- El nuevo nueve de Nacional — Gonzalo Bergessio
- Sismo de 6 grados sacude isla de Indonesia