The FBI and White House have not responded to emails seeking comment, and there has been no formal statement on McCabe's departure, which NBC News broke this morning, citing multiple officials familiar with the matter.
It was revealed last week that Trump urged Attorney General Jeff Sessions to pressure the new FBI director, Chris Wray, to fire McCabe.
But Sanders says President Donald Trump stands by his criticism of McCabe, who played a central role in the Hillary Clinton email probe and the ongoing investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Trump is offering a pathway to citizenship for nearly 2 million Dreamers - people brought to the U.S. illegally.
After Trump fired Comey on May 9, 2017, McCabe became acting director of the FBI.
By appointing McCabe to the FBI's second-highest position in 2016, the director at the time, James Comey, was seen as valuing intellect and management over experience making cases.
He also reportedly asked McCabe who he voted for during an introductory meeting in the Oval Office.
He has been lashed out at by Republican lawmakers alleging systemic bias against Trump at the top tier of the FBI, Xinhua reported.
In Media Madness: Donald Trump, the Press, and the War over the Truth (Howard Kurtz) outlines how the FBI, and McCabe, may have been complicit in spreading the Russia narrative to liberal-friendly journalist and #NeverTrumpers like Senator John McCain. He added a hint that McCabe was soon to depart, before it was publicly known.
McCabe did not become deputy director until after his wife was defeated, and records show that he disclosed his wife's candidacy and sought advice from senior FBI officials. McCabe resigned as deputy director of the FBI on Monday.
"Well, certainly McCabe was taken aback by this phone call". Christopher Wray, who succeeded Comey, has kept McCabe in place for the first five months of his tenure.
Trump and other Republicans say the FBI and Justice Department investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, is politically motivated.
What is the "Andy" text message?You're involved in pretty much everything that the FBI does.
He has made no public statement on his departure, and it was not clear why he had decided to step down from his post early.
- Diane Keaton sale a la defensa de Woody Allen
- La viuda de Hugh Hefner pone a la venta su mansión
- La Liga, campeonato difícil para los entrenadores
- What is necessary for the victory in the online casino?
- Si tú sientes frío, imagínate Cuajimalpa... Reportan caída de nieve y aguanieve
- Los Patriots y los Eagles afinan detalles para el Super Bowl
- Trump vs Jay-Z após declarações de "Black Unemployment"
- EEUU está 'preocupado' por la represión a la oposición en Rusia
- Banfield comienza su participación en la Copa Libertadores ante Independiente del Valle
- Declararon los dos tripulantes del ARA San Juan que bajaron en Ushuaia