Froome took advantage of hours in the saddle to talk to members of the peloton about his failed test and why he chose to ride here, including a lengthy period riding alongside the Spaniard Mikel Landa, one of his biggest rivals. Lappartient ousted Brian Cookson from the sport's top job on the basis of a five-point plan which included "effective UCI leadership" and "ensuring the credibility of sporting results".
I know I haven't done anything wrong and I intend to show that.
On the comparison, Froome states, 'his case was very different, his case was for a banned substance'.
Team principal Dave Brailsford said: "We all recognize that these are difficult circumstances but it's important for all sides that this process is conducted fairly before a final conclusion is reached".
"The support I have received personally has been amazing but there is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of opinions of people who don't quite fully understand the process", he added.
After speaking to press, Froome then rolled out for the start of the first stage of the Ruta del Sol, a lumpy 197.6km stage from Mijas to Granada. No one wants this resolved more quickly than I do. "What was really touching was how riders from other teams came over to offer their support".
"It's the first race in the build-up to the Giro [d'Italia] now and it's good to be back racing", said the four-time Tour de France champion. But the reaction of other riders suggests that the presence of the four-time Tour de France winner in the five-day race through Andalusia may provoke some resentment in the peloton. Sky has not yet submitted the scientific evidence which might justify Froome's abnormal sample.
- Julián Gil confesó la verdad sobre su romance con Geraldine Bazán
- Pareja reproduce "Despacito" en Patinaje Artístico de Pyeongchang
- Identifican al autor del tiroteo en Florida
- Junior vs. Guaraní: se enfrentan en Barranquilla por la Copa Libertadores 2018
- Una participante de "Pasapalabra" se llevó más de un millón de pesos
- Peña se reúne con presidente de General Electric
- Thomas Bach visitará Corea del Norte al finalizar PyeongChang 2018
- Federer cerca de ser el número 1
- Una mujer se metió al escáner para no dejar su bolso
- Holanda registrará automáticamente a adultos como donantes de órganos