More specifically, Fortnite Battle Royale for mobile would be coming to phones and tablets (Android and iOS) and would preserve the same gameplay style as on other platforms. As noted by a Kotaku report, Microsoft alleges that Sony is blocking cross-platform play between Playstation 4 and Xbox One gamers.
Epic confirmed this weekend that Xbox One Players will be able to play Fortnite with PC, Mac and mobile players, adding much-needed clarity to the situation. Vitally they rolled the game out not just for PCs, which was the only option for PUBG players, but also for Xbox One and PS4. At the time, Sony dodged the cross-play question saying that it was to protect kids by not exposing them to the "external influences we have no ability to manage or look after".
"Microsoft has long been a leading voice in encouraging the adoption of cross-platform play and the potential of connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles", said a Microsoft representative in an email to Kotaku regarding the lone holdout for Fortnite cross-play.
Sony hasn't commented on the move, and it's unclear whether there's more to the lack of cross-play than what Microsoft says.
There's been a lot of good news for everyone who is into the popular Battle Royale mode, however, not everyone will be catered for. Microsoft, on the other hand, has a massive advantage to support cross-platform play, something that the company is already doing with the Switch and PC gamers.
According to Epic, Fortnite on mobile is exactly the same as it is on any other platform.
One can only think of the Japanese company trying to save their business by not opening cross-play for the Xbox One. To participate in the Fortnite Battle Royale Invite Event you will need iOS 11 and an iPhone 6S (or better) or iPad Mini 4 or Air 2 (or better).
Currently there are three permanent game modes available in Fortnite: Battle Royale - solo, duo and squad. "Minecraft-the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young", PlayStation marketing head Jim Ryan last summer. Players can create forts to "outgun and outwit" their enemies and drop onto the map in a style similar to Fortnite. Android support is set for sometime in the future.
- El Tottenham podría perder a una de sus figuras por cuestiones militares
- Los 28 convocados de Osorio para enfrentar a Islandia y Croacia
- Villano de Dragon Ball envió un emotivo mensaje a niño con cáncer
- Confirman más muertes en la última temporada de Game of Thrones
- Independiente obligado a ganar a Millonarios este jueves en Libertadores
- Alerta OMS peligro de enfermedad 'X'
- Suman 10 mil 775 secuestros en cinco años: Miranda de Wallace
- Los clasificados a los cuartos de final de la Champions League
- Fiscalía pide pena de muerte para acusado de masacre en Florida
- Abren inscripciones para el registro del Plan Chamba Juvenil