But Saints have struggled to hold on to leads this season and collapsed halfway through the second period, conceding three goals for the fourth successive league game. Mane opened the scoring on seven minutes, Salah headed in for his 30th League goal of the season and Firmino's excellent finish- his 25th goal of the season in all competition- completed a win which brought the Anfield club to within a point of Man United in second place.
The Chelsea shot-stopper highlighted the support from the away fans as we pulled off a sensational fight-back in the latter stages of the match.
"I used to say that football is an everlasting new beginning".
Asked by Sky Sports if he is happy with his recent form, Hazard replied: "No".
For an hour, Chelsea's performance epitomised their travails since the turn of the year, with the defending champions having collected just 12 points from a possible 33.
"I have good characters and strong characters and maybe the starting line-up needs more of those".
Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool all won on Saturday in the EPL. If I can assist, I assist.
Klopp acknowledged on Friday the forthcoming tie with Roma would be at the forefront of fans' minds, but his immediate priority of securing a top-four league finish was evident by the fact he made just one change to his team.
"A good win but for me it was important to see the right spirit, the right passion and enthusiasm in the second half", Conte said in his post-match interview.
He added: "It's a case of understanding the group". The Blues scored thrice in the span of eight minutes and left the Saints shellshocked.
"We missed the first 25 minutes", said Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino, whose side face Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-finals next week.
Late in the first half, with Southampton winning 1-0, Alonso appeared to go in high and catch Southampton forward Shane Long's leg with his studs.
"That's why I love the Premier League, it's the best championship, it is very hard".
"I feel that we have done work that has helped the guys to understand what is required at this level and help with what's required but it's the key moments in games where you have to be resolute and clear your heads quicker than we are able to do at the moment and get something out of games you deserve to get something out of", reflected Hughes. He had very little impact but was a different player as Chelsea fought back, setting up the equaliser with a great stepover and cross.
- Presentan en San Lázaro propuesta para eliminar fuero
- El ejército sirio anuncia la reconquista total de Guta Oriental
- Ecuador lanza acción militar por el crimen de periodistas
- Gregorio Pérez sale de Santa Fe por decisión del presidente del club
- Zacatecas Deslumbrante estará presente en el Tianguis Turístico Mazatlán 2018
- Maradona opinó sobre el polémico penal que le cobraron al Real Madrid
- Semifinales de Liga MX Femenil comienzan este domingo
- El clásico entre América y Cali se jugará este sábado
- Protestan médicos en Matamoros, piden no se criminalice su profesión
- Así se vivieron los bombardeos en Damasco, con más de 100 misiles